Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chapter 25 and Progress on Novel #2



Sorry this one got out so late. I had to scrap my work on the chapter illustration yesterday and start over. It was pretty detailed and time-consuming work, but I'm very happy with what resulted.

This chapter has some of the creepiest stuff I've ever written, by the way.

I started work on Novel #2, tentatively titled The Peacock King in Court, last Friday.  I've got around 3,000 words done so far.  I had to slow down to make sure to plot the thing out - it's usually early in a story when I have to do the largest amount of plot-building and mental prewriting.  That way I have lots of foundation to build on as I write the whole thing out impromptu with no outline.  Only way I can get something out that reads fresh, and that I enjoy writing.

Anyway thus far I'm really enjoying the results and am happy with where it's going.  Here's hoping I get it written at a good enough pace for you readers.  I have no idea what sort of update schedule I'm going to use whenever I start posting that story.  I'm starting to wonder if I'll have to slow it down to weekly updates.  I can't write very fast because I work full-time and only have so many hours in the day to devote to writing.  Those hours have to be shared with illustration, site maintenance, marketing research and a plethora of other things I do to keep the Irk ship a-floatin'.  Occasionally I even get out of the house.

There's so many things I'm excited about with novel 2, though!  I hope to share them with you soon, when you get to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment