Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This is what happens when you ask for advice on the internet.

So, I guess you should know that I partly based the character of the Peacock King on Big Trouble In Little China's Lo-Pan. I mean, I'm sure you can see the similarities - love for big hats, long, flowing robes, extreme haughtiness, the power to control people, and being about ten feet tall.

While looking up Lo-Pan on google I ran across Ask Lo Pan. It seemed a pretty reasonable prospect to me. Being a thousands-year-old chinese demon-warrior-thingie, Lo-Pan's probably pretty smart by now. A little vulnerable to stabbing, but still clever. So, I ask him what you ask anyone in this type situation, and I get this.

I was pretty creeped out. I mean, the A/S/L of the Peacock King is pretty much what comprises the novel I'm writing, so it looks like Lo-Pan sees all and knows all.

As for the tail end of his advice, I think I'll leave that to Char.

2 comments:

  1. Hm. If it's someone we don't know, use the Global in the kitchen. It's a paring knife and kind of dull. Someone we *do* know... we'll have to invest in a very sharp katana so it's at least quick and clean. If Trav fails to ever comment on anything, that's her prerogative, because I ain't touchin' that shit and neither should you because I'm not finishing that damned story for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey is someone going to read this? Where's the eraser? ... Oh crap. I hope nobody tells ... uh oh.

    o hai thar intarwebs I WAS KIDDING :D :D

    ReplyDelete